Between 2005 and 2015 David was the Head of Research and Quant Methods at UniSuper, where David had primary responsibility for UniSuper’s strategic asset allocation across all of the Fund’s products, and David’s team managed two internal international equity quant mandates with over $2B in funds under management.
Before joining UniSuper David was a partner at Deloitte’s. Prior to that, David was the founder and Managing Director of Actuarial Solutions, the first actuarial consultancy in Botswana.
David has served on several research and professional bodies, including being the Convenor of the Actuarial Society of South Africa’s AIDS committee. He has written a variety of papers on the epidemiological, demographic and financial impact of HIV/Aids in sub-Saharan Africa as well as four papers on investments.
- Consulting Actuary, Willis Towers Watson
- Regional Actuary, Hazell Carr (UK)
- CEO, Xpat Limited
- Head of Financial Planning and Actuarial, Dynamic Planner (UK)
- Consulting Actuary, Bendzulla Actuarial
- Founder, Accountants Scaled Advice Platform
Expertise and Recognition
Jim regularly speaks at events and has written a variety of papers on the topic of retirement modelling and decision making.
• Written various papers and government submissions on the topic of maximising consumption for retirees, and retirement modelling techniques
• Regular speaker and thought leader on the use of software